EXPLAINING MOVEMENT SLIDERS IN THIS VIDEO (12/12/19)
Check out these highlights with the sliders
Most Recent 4/25/20:
DECEMBER MINOR UPDATE:
I went the NBA Live route and turned down the reach in foul frequency (0-5) so that steals happen more off pass interceptions. I also put ball security at 3, I feel there’s too much protection if this rating is high, the ball feels much more free and you can knock is loose if its not protected. Bumped the acceleration (17)up one point for better animation transitions. Vertical is set at 0, I can’t stress enough that this is important for better game play.
Before you apply these sliders, these are not simulation or arcade sliders. The purpose of these sliders is to improve the overall player movement on the floor. Once the game moves and feels much better than it does out of the box, making adjustments to shooting and defense will be made. A lot of it is subjective, you can still get realistic stats and field goal percentages but the main focus is better player movement, by any means.
- Improving off the catch animations
- “Realistic” NBA speed, transition offense & defense
- Better overall foot speed
- Reduce warping
- More natural movement on and off-ball
- More natural movement around screens
- When players catch the ball in slow instances, there’s a delay, cleaning that up
- Better use of tight spaces
- Better timing overall
THINGS YOU MIGHT HAVE TO ADJUST
- SHOT CONTEST: Sometimes shots feel like they aren’t being contested, but as the game progresses and fatigue comes into effect, same shots don’t fall as easy for you or the CPU.
- CPU SHOOTING: Depending on how you have the shooting, the CPU might get a ton of greens, just watch FG% between you and the CPU and adjust accordingly.
- BALL SECURITY: This slider actually opens up the game a lot more, if you drop it down (I had it to 0 at one point) a lot more deflections can happen. I also made a note of it below.
- ON-BALL DEFENSE: This slider to me is tricky, because I feel that it’s not needed, especially since most players have their own rating, but some times it feels like there’s a lot of blow-bys. One of the reason’s I have body up sensitivity to 100, to kind of make up for this. When playing defense, you have to make use of the stance (LT) and the hands up controls (RT) so that you can move a lot better. With this lowered I feel there’s more freedom
Feel Free To Tip PAYPALME
PC VIDEO SETTINGS:
Anti-Aliasing 2 | Vertical Sync ON | Motion Blur OFF | Bloom OFF
These settings for me helped reduce a lot of the dropped frame-rates which is an issue in NBA 2K20
Quarter Length: 8-12 Minutes
Game Speed: 51*
I try to keep USER and CPU sliders the same.
OFFENSE: My Shooting Sliders Added | STILL SUBJECTIVE
Inside Shot success SUBJECTIVE (51/0)
Close shot success SUBJECTIVE (52/15)
Mid-range success SUBJECTIVE (52/51)
3PT success SUBJECTIVE (55/51-55)
Layup success SUBJECTIVE (55/51)
Dunk In traffic Freq 60/60
Dunk in traffic success 40/40
Pass accuracy 48/48
Ally Oop success 55/55
Contact shot success 35/35
Ball Security 3*
Body up sensitivity 0/0
Pass speed 46
*Ball security the lower you set it, the more loose the ball is in general. I’ve had it on 0 and the use of tight spaces is much better. I will be messing with this a lot more in updates. Just because it’s set at 0 doesn’t mean you’ll lose the ball all the time.
Also since I have the ball handling rating at 70 for better transition purposes, lowering this slider will prevent bigs from bringing the ball up the floor (not all the time).
Driving contact shot freq 40/40
Inside contact shot freq 40/40
Layup defense strength (takeoff) 55/55
Layup defense strength (release) 85/85
Jump Shot defense strength (gather) 35/35
Jump Shot defense strength (release) 85/85
Help defense strength 100/100*
Steal success 0
UPDATE 4/10: Jump shot defense strength gather up to 35, the CPU will swipe at the ball a lot more on drives.
Hustle 0/0 (80-100 for Both)
Ball handling 65
Dunking ability 50/50
On-ball defense 0/0
Offensive awareness 100/100**
Defense awareness 100/100
Offensive rebounding 10/10
Defensive rebounding 50/50
Offensive consistency SUBJECTIVE
Defensive consistency SUBJECTIVE
Fatigue rate 45/45***
Lateral quickness 0/0
VERTICAL IS SET AT 0 BECAUSE WITH IT HIGHER A LOT OF ANIMATIONS TAKE LONGER TO PLAY OUT, WITH THIS LOWER, THE MOVEMENT AND GAME PLAY FEELS SNAPPIER AND THE FLOW IS A LOT BETTER. IF YOU WANT MORE SPECTACULAR DUNKS TURN UP THE DUNKS IN TRAFFIC SLIDER (i have it set at 70). SLIDING IS STILL THERE BUT ITS REDUCED DRASTICALLY WHICH LEADS TO BETTER OVERALL TIMING ON PLAY CALLING. TRUST ME.
***Fatigue is subjective, but the lower you have it the more players get tired
LATERAL QUICKNESS BACK TO 0
The HUSTLE slider seems to work in getting animations to trigger a lot faster with these sliders which is why I bumped them up from 0 to 100. I would have them high if you make the adjustments, the only down side, the CPU will be a lot more aggressive down the stretch and it may lead to them cheesing.
DEFAULT/SUBJECTIVE: Play passing lanes for the CPU I have at 15 and if you want to prevent the CPU from driving to the rim all the time increase the take 3pt slider to about 70-75
DEFAULT/SUBJECTIVE: Reach-in fouls are set to 5/20, if you reach you get beat, you can still swipe the ball loose at time due to the ball security slider at 3. Adjust these at your discretion.
MOVEMENT: 70 for both USER & CPU
Speed with ball (max) 70
Speed with ball (min) 70
Acceleration with ball (max) 70
Acceleration with ball( min) 70
Speed without ball (max) 70
Speed without ball (min) 70
Acceleration without ball (max) 70
Acceleration without ball (min) 70
OTHER: FIVE small improvements that could help the game