What do you guys think? The game looks much improved, can’t wait to try the final product
Sean O’Brien and the Hoop Gawd were doing a twitter Q&A, a lot of new information about the game were revealed, check it out.
- In terms of gameplay, control and animation are two of the most noticeable improvements that we’ll see in NBA Live 16.
- Generally speaking, gameplay and animations are a lot smoother this year.
- Create-a-Player has been confirmed for the game, which more or less confirms custom rosters as well. Not only that, but the new GameFaceHD can be used across all modes including Create-a-Player, not just Rising Star.
- There is a limit to how many faces you can scan in at once, but we can have five in the game at once.
- Gameplay sliders have been confirmed!
- Community feedback has been really important to the NBA Live 16 development team. It appears we’ll see some Wishlist items come to fruition.
- There will be differentiation in player explosiveness, for players with a quick first step. It will be governed by ratings, and signature dribbling packages.
- Commentary and atmosphere have also received attention. Regular Season, Playoffs, and NBA Finals settings are also still available.
- Noticeable improvements have been made to the catch-and-go, and catch-and-shoot game. Sean described the difference between NBA Live 15 and NBA Live 16 as “night and day” in that regard.
- Dunks can be blocked, and the paint is now a “cheese free zone”
- NBA Live 16 will feature improved player likenesses, AI, and animations.
- GameFaceHD will only be available through mobile devices, not the PlayStation 4 camera or Kinect.
- Defensively, there’s been a huge jump in AI, on-ball control, and some improvements away from the ball.
- Signature jumpshots and other customisation options will be available in Rising Star.
- The new online game mode will be revealed at Gamescom.
- In-depth blogs on LIVEmotion and other aspects of gameplay are coming soon.
Thanks to Andrew for the recap, discuss in the NBA-Live forums here: http://bit.ly/1QzIXS2 (@NLSC on Twitter)
More information coming in the following days, why? cause E3, the game is playable on the floor
Game play Improvements:
This was a sticking point in year’s past. Running a fast-break used to be a chore, but not anymore. For real though, they added a TON of new pass and catch animations. More variety means players move the ball with more intent – and it looks more natural.
They’ve also upped the responsiveness. In past years, you couldn’t really whip the ball around the perimeter – now – you can pull off various touch passes to put the ball where you want it. They’ve even gone as far to add dribble handoffs.
With all of these new tools on the offensive side of the ball – you’ll be a floor general like a BOSS. There’s not a possession that goes by where you won’t feel and see a notable difference.
NBA LIVE has always been about dribble control – so we are all pumped for the return of Freestyle Controls! NBA LIVE 16 really feels like you’re the one pulling off the moves – and not an animation sequence.
There are new controls for pulling off hesitation dribbles and crossovers, making attacking the basket buttery smooth now. Gone are the days of losing all your player’s momentum as you drive the hoop. That’s that physics engine putting in work!
You aren’t winning if you aren’t scoring. NBA LIVE 16 has brought in a totally new shot system. The release timing is no longer tied to the animation, and is now tied one-to-one with the button press. If you release too early or late you’ll actually see and feel the difference.
Not everyone plays like Chef Curry jacking up 3’s from all over the court – so they’ve also improved a bunch of new signature animations when attacking the hoop or scoring around the basket.
OFF-BALL MOVEMENT (LIVE MOTION)
This feature will have the most notable impact. Remember when dudes would just stand around the court and not move or try to get open, unless you called a play? Those days are over.
Thanks to some revamped AI and what they are calling LIVEmotion – players move around the court with purpose and intensity. You’ll see your CPU buddies fight through screens, make intelligent cuts and more in attempt to get open – all on their own.
Animation quality has also taken a step up in a major way. Dudes won’t be skating all over the court now
And if that ain’t enough, check out some of the moves you can pull off now that you could never do before:
Pick and Roll screen re-screen
Attack Ball Screens w/ New Dribble Mechanics
Deny NBA superstars away from the ball
Push off and get open away from the ball
Source: EA SPORTS – http://bit.ly/1IgyEsk
NBA LIVE FEATURES
LIVE IS ALL ABOUT YOU
Free your game with our physics-based player movement system – giving you unparalleled control and best-in-class animation.
DISCOVER HOW TO RISE TOGETHER THIS SUMMER
A new way to experience NBA LIVE…
EASPORTS Website: http://bit.ly/1JCr9BS
Press Play, Enjoy, The Commencement